Frequently Asked Questions
The customization of a suit, outside what our website allows, may be possible and discussed over e-mail. This will be subject to the approval of the Boogie Man team. It can also prolong the delivery time, and change the overall price.
The cancellation of an order is possible before the delivery date, but could still be charged depending on the progress of the suit:
- Uncut suit : full refund.
- Suit already cut / no embroidered: retaining 20%
- Suit already cut / partially embroidered: 30% withholding
- Suit already assembled: No refund.
Cordura 500gr: powerful/a bit warm/ a bit rigid/resistant
Cordura 1000gr: very powerful/ warm/ very rigid/very resistant
Light cordura 180gr: breathable / lightness/ sensations
Cordura Flex 180gr: breathable / lightness/ sensations / flexible and ideal for very thight fit
Sliding: windstopper / not breathable/ give speed / light/ a bit warm
These two techniques have specific requirements, and different processes. They are not available on all fabrics or all background colours. So it is better to know the advantages offered by each technique before validating the marking of a logo on your model.
The customer is solely responsible for the lawful use, or non, of the requested logo. Boogie Man does not claim to control the graphics of its customers, and DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY if the client requests the installation of a logo of another brand, protected, or not free of rights.
Important: Do not go through one of our distributors to purchase something with a discount or a voucher. Contact us by using the “contact” page via the website. If you wish to use a gift voucher, the original version (not a scan or a photocopy) duly completed with the full name of the winner and the company organizing the event stamp, where the voucher was won, will be claimed. The voucher will be null and void if the expiration date is exceeded! A discount, or gift voucher is applicable on a suit design, but does not include the costs of:
- Marking: embroideries, or graphic printing design
- Rush option
- Shipping costs
Several discounts, offers, or gift vouchers cannot be used cumulatively.
- A fitting suit close to your morphology.
- Simple but detailed instructions on how to take the perfect measurements by yourself with help of a 2nd person.
- A measurement order form to complete online.
The final suit cannot be cut out and launched into production without receiving these measures. This “kit” will be returned promptly to Boogie Man, within:
- 20 business days for a standard or rush 8 weeks order after reception.
- 12 business days for a rush 6 weeks order after reception.
- 6 business days for a rush 3 weeks order after reception.
If the delay for having sent the “fitting kit” is exceeded, Boogie Man reserves the right to delay the final delivery date of the order (this return is at your expense).
Don’t worry if your new suit feels a bit stiff the first time you put it on. This is completely normal. Within the first 20 to 30 jumps the suit will loosen up and mould itself into the perfect fit for you. If you are not satisfied with the fit or the quality of the suit, do not immediately return your suit. Please first consult the chapter on “alterations”.
- Do not use a tumble dryer.
- Before putting your suit in the washing machine, make sure the suit is correctly zipped up and that any velcro is done up. Wash your suit separately.
- To ensure longevity, if after using your suit for a while you notice any threads coming loose, do not wait until the wire is too long, cut them 2-3mm from the stitching and carefully use a lighter to burn the end.
Special additional advice for the Marvel suit:
- When you put on and remove the suit, be sure to always undo the zip to the lowest position. Also avoid the zip position being half undone at the hips, when you remove the suit between flights. This bad habit will reduce the life of your zip.
- Small ribbons down the legs and arms are heat sealed. They may come off by place every 10 to 15 hours of flight. Do not wait until the braid is too worn off! Proceed carefully iron and braid adheres again. Make sure there are no dust under the tape before ironing.
- Do not iron directly on the printed patterns or logos. If you decide to iron the suit backwards, always pay attention to the printed patterns. These could be transferred and printed on other parts of the suit, or the media on which you iron.
- Do not iron directly on the membranes of protection elbows and knees.
Before taking action, the team must identify the cause(s) of the problem(s), and then a reply will be sent with our questions, opinions and proposed solutions. Alterations are a common approach to most suit problems and will most often be the solution offered by our team.
The “repairs” time delay is approximately 15 working days. This delay begins on the day the suit is received in our office, and is measured in working days. The Boogie Man team will do everything possible to meet these deadlines but shall not be held liable for failure to do so. The need to adjust a suit after initial reception is considered to be dissociated with the chosen delivery option, and in no case will lead to the reimbursment of the “rush” option.
Alterations will be subjected to the consent of the Boogie Man team, and made free of charge, only in the following cases:
- Adjustments in order to obtain perfect measurements.
- Manufacturing defects.
- Quality problems.
- Specific request or option missing on the suit.
- The suit is not in innacordance with the original model order.
In the case of improper use of the suit, negligence, an accident or fall there in causing damage, failure to follow cleaning instructions, alterations done by anyone outside the Boogie Man team, or if the client changes his or her mind on their chosen model, Boogie Man reserves the right to refuse, or to charge extra, for the necessary altered work, and related delivery charges. These costs will always be announced to the customer, and be subject to his or her consent.
If in the end the decision is to fully reconstruct a suit, Boogie Man will require the recovery of the faulty suit, without any traces of use.
If you decide to manage yourself the necessary adjustments with a local tailor, the ensuing expenses will be your responsibility. However, please feel free to send us a list of the work carried out on your suit so that we can update your measurement records.
If you send a suit in for alterations, do not forget to put in the package your contact information, name, e-mail, phone number, address and sent date, etc. Out of respect for our team please be sure to wash your suit beforehand.
The return address is:
54 rue des hanots
(0033) 148 580 115
Important: Under no circumstances will Boogie Man be held responsible for non-reception of a parcel sent by a client. We suggest you use tracking when sending.
In case of a return of a parcel from an area outside the EU, it is imperative to mark on the package: “Back to manufacturer for alteration” with “no commercial value”. If the carrier asks for the value, announce: “10 euros”. Please do not declare the real value of the suit. In order to clear customs, Boogie Man may be asked to retrieve the package directly from customs. These fees may be invoiced to the customer if he/she has failed to follow our request.